Thursday 20 August 2015

What the F is a swegboard and where can I get one?

You've probably already seen them, as they have come to us in a swarm from China out of nowhere. The segway board. aka the balance board, the swegboard, the hoverboard, the weird futuristic board with lights.


Where they actually came from or why is a still a bit of a mystery. Are they a gift from aliens? Perhaps. Or a genius idea that someone was able to make relatively cheaply and in bulk? More likely. Either way, I'm definitely sold. After the celebrity hype that followed the initial wave of swegboard excitement, these things have really taken off.

Despite this, these boards don't seem to have an official name, as many companies have the same product and have labelled them as various weird and wonderful names to attract the young and hype-crazed (possibly me).

They also vary in price A LOT. Below is a video from Casey Neistat, a Youtuber who was one of the first to introduce the internet to the board. He explains how much the price varies, depending on what website you use and where it is coming from.



I can't really justify buying myself one right now as I am a poor student (woe is me) but I have a serious irrational need for one. The thing is, even if I did buy one, I would probably be too embarrassed to use it in public (that is if I could even ride it in the first place).


No comments:

Post a Comment