Sunday 2 August 2015

Sunday Bakeday!

With a little help from Betty Crocker.

In honour of the much-loved Great British Bake Off returning to our TVs this Wednesday, I thought it was only right to have a go myself. (Albeit from a cake mix)

I really love baking, but I was feeling pretty lazy today...and using a cake mix is only half cheating - right?



This photo is kind of cool and kind of disgusting looking at the same time. I love how a cake can go from this to a beautiful little cased snack.


Slowly getting there... a whipped up version of the initial dumping of ingredients.


So satisfying *love eyes emoji*


And the end result! Vanilla cupcakes with a strawberry icing and white chocolate sprinkles. This Betty Crocker kit is sold in pretty much every supermarket and includes cake mix, icing mix and cupcake cases. All you need is 2 medium eggs, vegetable oil, and 60g butter. Although these items are usually in most peoples fridges, do not assume they are always there like I did today (prompting a spontaneous trip to the corner shop in pursuit of eggs.)

Now it's time for a cup of tea and a well-deserved cupcake :)

No comments:

Post a Comment